Coach Chad Keele
Hello and thank you for visiting my webpage.
I am excited to be teaching Outdoor Adventures for the 8th year and I am looking forward to many more years of teaching the kids of BMS about the great outdoors.
A little bit about me...
- I am starting my 28th year of teaching. I have taught American and Texas History for 20 of those years
- I am also a boys coach here at BMS (Football, Basketball, and Track)
- I graduated from Burnet High School in 1989 and Tarleton State in 1994
- I am married and have two great kids. Both are in Belton attending UMHB.
- I enjoy spending time outdoors doing all sorts of activities, two of my favorites are camping and fishing
What is Outdoor Adventures?
Outdoor Adventures is a fun and exciting elective class that was established in 2014 at Burnet Middle School.
Students are taught life-long skills by using an integrated curriculum of science, math, writing, critical thinking skills, and computer technology. The focus is on outdoor activities that can include: Hunter Education, Fishing, Archery, Boater Education, Orienteering, Survival Skills, Trip Planning, Tackle Crafts, Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Outdoor Cooking, Wildlife Conservation, Bikepacking, Fauna/Flora/Wilderness Medicine, Paddle Sports and Wildlife Conservation, plus more.
Rationale and Justification
The Outdoor Adventures curriculum is not your traditional PE course. Instead of teaching PE with basketballs and tennis rackets, we use rods and reels, and bows and arrows. The Outdoor Adventures course is designed to change young people’s lives forever by exposing them to the many great opportunities of the outdoors. With today’s accelerated curriculum, full of bench mark testing and academic pressures, students need a fun class that will motivate them to stay in school and concentrate on their studies.
I would like to thank the following sponsors of my class...